In this privacy statement references to “we”, “us” and “our” are to Eating Mindset. References to “our Website” or “the Website” are to www.eatingmindset.com
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW
The information we collect may include.
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with via e-mail, telephone or our enquiry form on The Website. For example name, address, telephone number, information about your/your family’s health and the services you are interested in.
- Your preferences regarding receipt of email updates if you order our products such as webinars or ebooks via links on The Website, our social media or articles and publications.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
Any personal information we collect will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations and other relevant laws.
When you make an enquiry about an appointment we use the information you provide to:
- Advise you about how we might be able to help you and what else you could do to address your health concerns.
- Send you pre-consultation information to help you access our services and get the most from your appointment.
- Request additional information that we need to provide your care and treatment.
We will not pass on any information about your health to any third parties without your express consent. For example if it would benefit your health for us to share information with another professional about your assessment and any advice or support we have provided. If you are referred to us by another professional we will share information with them as needed in order that we and they can provide you with the best and safest care. We will always share this information with you.
We will keep your health records for 10 years. After this time they will be physically and/or electronically shredded.
In compliance with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we will keep your contact details for no longer than one year following our last correspondence or until you request us to delete them.
When you order a product such as an ebook or webinar programme we use the personal information you provide to:
- Process your order and provide after sales service (We may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have ordered and/or to provide after-sales service)
- Send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
We will not distribute, sell or lease personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes.
We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place password protected electronic systems and standard operating procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
You have a right to know about the personal information that Eating Mindset holds about you. You also have the right to have your data corrected or deleted. If you would like any changes to be made please contact our data controller and we will take action promptly. You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses. Please direct all your requests and/or queries about our data protection policy to our Data Controller, Dr Stephanie Fade at the e-mail address below.
Last updated May 2018